DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–April 29, 2022–
This research service provides insight into US revenue cycle management, revenue forecasting, and competitive analysis of various legacy and modular RCM solutions.
This study explores RCM applications across front-end, middle, and back-end processes and the end users are hospitals and outpatient physician practices. Additionally, it offers an in-depth overview of the RCM outsourcing market in the United States.
RCM refers to the various administrative and clinical functions of capturing, managing and collecting revenue from patient services. The RCM process begins with admission (patient access) and continues through to accounts receivable (payment and collection).
Several RCM solutions (for example, IT applications and services) help healthcare providers perform different functions.
The three main strategic imperatives impacting the RCN are:
- Internal Challenges: Healthcare organizations are looking for improved efficiency, faster reimbursement, and cost efficiency by reducing billing errors, lowering costs, and optimizing collection during COVID-19. The pent-up demand for elective surgeries, due for the past two years, is further forcing vendors to boost the productivity of their incumbent RCM solutions.
- Mega Transformative Trends: The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in an increase in the number of patients with long-term symptoms that range from traditional chronic conditions with new comorbidities to the unprecedented prevalence of rare diseases. Therefore, strong clinical risk management has become imperative for next-age RCM, leading vendors to transform the underlying clinical logic, financial model, and codes of their RCM platforms.
- Compression of the customer value chain: Suppliers use and prefer a mix of in-house and outsourced RCM to meet their organizational needs. The vendors of this outsourcing seem to be highly fragmented based on their expertise in specific areas of needs in front-end, middle, and back-end processes.
Main topics covered:
1. Strategic imperatives
- Why is it increasingly difficult to grow taller?
- The strategic imperative
- The impact of the three main strategic imperatives on the American RCM
- Growth opportunities fuel the growth pipeline engine
2. Analysis of growth opportunities, US RCM
- Scope of analysis
- Segmentation of end users and products of RCM
- Summary of the RCM process flow
- Current state of the US RCN
- Current state of RCM in the United States – Level of satisfaction with RCM processes in place
- Current State of US Hospital RCM – Level of Satisfaction for Outsourced RCM Processes
- Current State of US RCM Medical Practices – Satisfaction Level for Outsourced RCM Processes
- Impact of COVID-19 on the shift to outsourcing GRC
- Impact of COVID-19 on GRC and Outsourcing – Discussion
- Main growth indicators for the RCM in the United States
- Growth Engines for the RCN in the United States
- Growth constraints for the RCN in the United States
- Forecast assumptions, US RCM market
- Revenue forecasts, MRC
- Revenue forecasts by applications, RCM
- Revenue forecast analysis, US RCM
- Price Trends and Forecast Analysis, US RCM
- Competitive environment, US RCM market
- Competitive overview
3. Growth Opportunities Analysis, Hospital RCM Market
- Main growth indicators for hospital RCM
- Market segmentation
- Revenue Forecast by Application, Hospital RCM Software
- Revenue Forecast by Application, MRC Hospital Services
- Forecast analysis, hospital MRC
4. Growth Opportunity Analysis, RCM Medical Practice Market
- Key Growth Metrics for RCM Medical Practices
- Revenue Forecast, RCM Medical Practices
- Revenue Forecast by Application, Medical Practices RCM Software
- Revenue Forecast by Application, Medical Practices RCM Services
- Forecast Analysis by End User, RCM Medical Practices
5. Universe of growth opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1 – Big Tech will help legacy CDI solution providers extend the reach of disparate OPDs and USIs to enterprise-level case management
- Growth Opportunity 2 – Redesigning front-end RCM processes for medical practices will improve end-user satisfaction
- Growth Opportunity 3 – Hospital GRC back-end processes ready for outsourcing post COVID-19 to improve collection and assessments
6. Next steps
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bp8a15
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220429005499/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES DATA MANAGEMENT HEALTH TECHNOLOGY OTHER HEALTH FINANCING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 04/29/2022 11:13 AM/DISC: 04/29/2022 11:13 AM
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.